Friday, August 12, 2011

First They Came for the Arabs.....

A reprisal of Martin Niemoller's famous "First they came for the communists.."

First they came for the Arabs,
But I didn't speak out because I wasn't a "terrorist".

Then they came for the gun right's activists,
and I didn't speak out because I didn't own a gun.

Then they came to the airports,
and I didn't speak out because I didn't fly.

Then they came to the bus terminals,
and I didn't speak out because I don't use public transport.

Then they came for the raw milk farmers,
But I didn't speak out because I don't drink raw milk.

Then they came for the non-GMO farmers,
and I didn't speak out because I shop at Wal-Mart

Then they came for the gold and silver bugs and set up at every major intersection,
and there was no-one left to speak out for me.



Do you speak out in support of freedom only when it applies to you?
Freedom isn't freedom unless it applies to those whom you disagree with.
Our country is currently progressing down the same slippery slope as did Nazi Germany in the 1930's.

First they came for the communists,
freedom_of_speechand I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
-Martin Niemoller- Arrested by the Nazi's for "not being enthusiastic enough about the Nazi movement"