While we are at it, maybe we should look into utilizing the U.S. Postal Service distribution plants which are closing and really get this operation kicking into high gear.
The U.S. mint goes on to say,
"We hope these prices will allow us to attract more Americans to coin collecting, while increasing collecting opportunities for our current customer base," said United States Mint Deputy Director Richard A. Peterson.
Sounds great Richard, now how about you lower the premiums on the Silver American Eagles. That will really increase the collection opportunity.
Here's the lowered prices compliments of the US Mint
* United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set® - reduced from $31.95 to $27.95In addition, 2012 prices will be the same for the United States Mint Proof Set®, priced at $31.95, and the United States Mint Silver Proof Set®, priced at $67.95.*
* America the Beautiful Quarters Three-Coin SetTM - reduced from $14.95 to $9.95
* America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Coin SetTM - reduced from $21.95 to $12.95
* America the Beautiful Quarters® 100-Coin Bag - reduced from $49.95 to $34.95
* American Eagle Proof Silver Dollar - reduced from $68.45 to $61.95*
* Presidential and Native American $1 Coin Rolls - reduced from $39.95 to $32.95
* United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof SetTM - reduced from $19.95 to $18.95
* Presidential $1 Coin Uncirculated SetTM - reduced from $19.95 to $16.95
* United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal SetTM - reduced from $14.95 to $9.95